5 Things to Know About Value-Based Reimbursement
It’s not surprise that the interest in value-based reimbursement (VBR) models are growing. Five healthcare organizations recently released their own progress reports on VBRs. For hospitals, health systems, and physician practices, these reports provide helpful guidance for how to adjust to the rise in reimbursement models.
Here are the top five things you need to know about VBRs:
- Nearly 60 percent of payments to providers are performance-based
- Nearly half of primary care physicians are actively pursuing value-based reimbursement contracts
- New skill sets and capabilities are needed to effectively manage risk under VBR models
- Shared-risk VBR models will grow faster than any other type of VBR model by 2019
- Physician participation in value-based care delivery models varies by practice type